Friday, 23 April 2010
I love the effect of the numbers here - they're chipboard coloured with promarkers to match the card, then coated in Anita's clear gloss. This was also my first attempt at making an easel card from scratch (as opposed to butchering 2 readymade cards IYSWIM).
Friday, 16 April 2010
Indie Fixx's blog. The bottom's a bit tatty, but I'm sure my best friend will love it anyway! The material came from fabric samples from John Lewis and the buttons were in my stash, so it didn't cost me anything. If I had a sewing machine I'd make lots of them!
So here's my first posting - I'd like to enter this card for the current Forever Friend's challenge - "Spring".
My bear is coloured with promarkers; I've used Basic Grey papers, a MS doily lace punch, a flower from stash with a liqiud pearl centre, and my new woodware fern leaf punch.
Monday, 21 September 2009
Here's my 2nd card for the evening. The latest challenge on MSE is to use your old scraps (offcuts) of paper on a card. I've gone one further - the image was also a scrap. After I coloured the image I managed to guillotine through the little chap's head. For whatever reason, I didn't throw him away (pack-rat, moi?), so here he is with an extra bit of DST. ;)
A flying visit from me to upload 2 cards. These have taken me a week to make between them as I've been trying to be good and only craft before bedtime - and not when I'm supposed to doing my dissertation. :p
This card is for the challenge at Creative Card Crew to follow a recipe - 3 flowers, 2 papers, 2 brads, 1 ribbon and 1 button. I've cheated slightly and counted the ribbon as 1 of my flowers *blush*.
Monday, 24 August 2009
This really will be my last card of the week - if I fail my exam on Friday I'll have no-one to blame but myself!
I couldn't resist entering this week's challenge over at the Creative Card Crew blog. I had coloured this image ages ago, and printed off the Funky Fairy paper last week, so it hasn't kept me from my revision for too long. ;)
Right - back to the books!
I've never entered the Basic Grey Challenge before (possibly because I find it so difficult to cut into my Basic Grey papers, lol) The challenge this week is a colour combo of brown, pink, and yellow. I hope it doesn't matter that I haven't used any yellow - some of the DT also stuck to only brown and pink.
I don't know why I buy flowers and ribbon in different colours any more; I've coloured the large flower and ribbon with a cinnamon promarker to match the colours on the image.