Tuesday, 31 March 2009
The challenge this week over at Creative Card Crew is to produce a card using textures. Here's my entry then: I've used Smirk Love & Friendship papers, the bottom one is glittery; a Smirk fairy princess cut out, mounted on hot pink corrugated card; Smirk ribbon and a yellow paper flower with a pink heart gem in the centre.
I hope you like it! I'm totally in love with the Smirk range and couldn't wait to play with the papers.
Sunday, 29 March 2009
This week's challenge is to create a card using warm colours. This photo doesn't really do justice to the colours I've used (I'm useless with cameras!); the background paper is a lovely bronze pearlescent, the green matting paper is quite metallic and vivid in real life, and the paper with the image stamped on is a warm peach. These papers were all given to me by a lovely freecycler, Deb. The bird image is stamped and coloured in with glittery gel pens, and the sentiments are hand-written. I'm not sure what the stones are called, they're just glued on.
Saturday, 21 March 2009
The challenge on Creative Card Crew this week is to make a card using no patterned paper. I've used a pink card, made the cupcake case from plain wallpaper and used my ribbler on it to give a corrugated effct (not that it shows very well in the photo); I've then drawn some red dots on with a gel pen. The 'icing' is ric-rac that the lovely saveapenny gave me (thanks again Mandy!), and the 'cherry' is a red rose embellishment. I've drawn pink swirls on the card with a sparkly gel pen as it was looking a little bleak without. I haven't put a sentiment on it as I can't think of anyone I need a card for at the moment, I might just leave it blank anyway.
Friday, 20 March 2009
Boys cards always have me stumped. I'm out of my comfort zone if it doesn't involve flowers or butterflies ;) I made this card for my friend's LOs birthday yesterday. Inspired by his love of all things Pokemon, I found an image on Google and printed four copies of it on glossy paper. It's my first attempt at decoupage, but is a bit half hearted as there's only the two layers. The recipient (age 9) was very impressed though - I'd managed to find a picture with his favourite character on.
As it all started with MSE, it's only right that I start my blog with a card made for the latest MSE challenge. This challenge was to make a card that incorporated 'tearing' card or paper, something I've never tried before. I was the first to post a card which always serves to make me feel inadequate when others post their (much better) creations! I am quite pleased with this one though. I used wallpapers for the backing and the two torn papers, and then wallpaper for the letters using my new Quickutz Squeeze. I'm so glad I held out for the pink one - I love the moxie alphabet. The ribbons and brads were all reduced, so a true credit crunch card.